LESSON RESOURCE

Perseverance Resources for College Students

These short film and stories represent heroes who stick with their goals against all odds to accomplish their dreams.

Character Trait: Perseverance

Perseverance is demonstrated by heroes from across the globe in these featured films, art and stories. The tenacity for a singularly important goal in the face of difficulties is at the core of the character trait of perseverance. Meet remarkable heroes through these films, art and stories, and create a dialogue with your students on the importance of practicing perseverance in our daily lives.

These short film represent heroes who stick with their goals against all odds to accomplish their dreams. Enjoy!

Made in Madras

Mohit Arora, Aishwarya Ashok, Shikha Kumari

Made in Madras is the story of an 18-year-old soccer player, Sangeetha, who lives on the streets of Madras (aka Chennai).

Mutual Rescue: Eric & Peety

Produced by:Dir. Advocate Creative

Eric's doctor told him he had 5 years to live. Then he met Peety—and everything changed. 

Bullets to Books (Excerpt)

Produced by:Andy Truschinski, Gail Prensky, Sean MacLaughlin

A film exploring The Jüdische Kulturbund Project and the critical importance of peace in South Sudan.

Stories

Jerry White

By: Dorothy Lie

Jerry White is co-founder of the Landmine Survivors Network. He lost his leg after stepping on a landmine in Israel left over from the Six-Day War.

Dorothy Vaughan

By: Brittny Barcenas

Dorothy Vaughan was the first African American woman to supervise the West Area Computers, "human computers" at NASA during the Space Race.

Michael Jordan

By: Elijah Lee

Michael Jordon was cut from the high school basketball team twice, before becoming a high-ranking NBA player.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

By: Claire

Ginsburg, whose mother died on the day of her high school graduation, is the second-ever female Supreme Court Justice.

Terry Fox

By: Natalie Jessie

Terry Fox was an amputee who ran 3,339 miles across Canada to raise money for cancer research.

Nelson Mandela by Muhammad Ali

By: Muhammad Ali

Read boxing legend Muhammad Ali's essay on his hero, Nelson Mandela, who fought apartheid in South Africa.

Organizer created on 8/13/2020 11:17:39 AM by Laura Nietzer

Last edited 9/12/2020 11:41:09 PM by Shannon Luders-Manuel