ORGANIZER

Poster Contest

MY HERO in partnership with Art Miles and UN Association-San Diego

Poster Contest
Credit: MH

The MY HERO Project Gallery seeks to engage young artists in learning about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals which are meant to create a better earth now and for the future. We want young artists to be curious and investigate a goal and person, famous or non-famous, who is doing important work towards one or more of the goals.

Poster Contest Details

Overview

The contest is welcome to all artists student and professional.

Prizes:

• Certificate of Excellence & MY HERO Stickers

Poster Requirements

• Needs to have a Hero in the poster (either digitally or hand drawn)

• Needs to have Hero name as text

• Needs to have SDG number and name

• Needs to illustrate the theme and work of the SDG and Hero

MY HERO Sustainable Development Goals Multimedia Resouces
Credit: UN

MY HERO Resources

The MY HERO Project is dedicated to honoring heroes around the world. As an organization we consider people heroes when they exhibit the values of kindness, generosity, peace, joy, empathy, and so on. If you are still unsure if the person you wish to showcase is a hero, please take some time to navigate our forum on how to choose a hero. MY HERO also provides multimedia content on stories and a 365 day calendar that showcases a variety of heroes on their birthdays. (Links at the bottom of the site.)

Remember to choose a hero working towards 1 out of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals. 

Past Winners

The Future is Female!

By: Joshua Urevbu
Celebrating Malala's activism for young women.

WONDERFUL HEDY LAMARR

By: SIU KA YI
Hedy Lamarr was one of the famous girl inventors which investigated new advanced information and communication technology.

Gallery Inspiration - Art created by kids

Protecter of Birds - Salim Ali

By: Janhwee Thapliyal
Celebrating Salim Ali

Angela Davis

By: Lillian Deason
Celebrating the activism of Angela Davis.

Greta Thunberg Collage

By: Amaya Holland
Greta Thunberg is a Swedish environmental activist who is internationally known for challenging world leaders to take immediate action for climate change mitigation.

Chutni Devi: The Tigress

By: Anshi Jindal
Chutni Devi is a tribal activist from Seraikela. She has saved 60 women from Witch-hunting. For her acts of bravery, she is also famously called the 'Tigress'.

Serena the Great

By: Simi Faleye
Celebrating Serena Williams, athlete and champion for women.

Inequality

By: Sinema Byrd
Celebrating educator and activist Patrisse Cullors.

My Tree Top World- Julia Butterfly Hill

By: Avni Choudepally
Celebrating the work of environmental activist Julia Lorraine Hill also known as Julia Butterfly Hill.

Expanding Expectations

By: Analise
Celebrating celebrities who challenge gender norms.

Leonardo DiCaprio's Fight for Change

By: Olivia Howard
Celebrating the environmental activism of actor Leonardo Dicaprio.

Future of Humanity

By: Varnika Arun
Celebrating the work of Stephan Hawking, an English theoretical physicist, cosmologist, and author.

NATURAL HERO - GRETA THUNBERG

By: CHAN PO CHI, ANGELO
Greta Thunberg is a Swedish environmental activist known for challenging world leaders to take immediate action against climate change.

Cody Friesen

By: Maahi Srivastava
"Cody Friesen" by Maahi Srivastava, student artist.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg By: Lily Cooke

By: Lily Cooke
Ruth Bader Ginsburg - an amazing example of a hero for the UN Sustainable Development Goal #10: Reduce inequality within and among countries.

JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU

By: JOHN P ANSON
Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru is the First Prime minister of India and advocate for children.

My Hero - A.P.J.Abdul Kalam

By: Tvishaa Shreyas
A.P.J.Abdul Kalam was an Indian aerospace scientist and politician who served as the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007.

Jackie Robinson My hero

By: Jack Williamson
This is why Jackie Robinson is my hero.

Marvelous Thomas Piketty

By: CHAN WING CHI, VINCI
Thomas Piketty is a is a Professor of Economics in France, he promotes the issue of wealth inequality, and arise the public’s attention towards it via his thesis.

Malala SDGs 17, 5 and 4

By: Arushi V.
This poster shows us a representation of the activist Malala, who worked to try to give girls in Pakistan the opportunity to go to school. Malala was born in a place where girls were unable to get an education.

Malala Yousafzai -My Hero poster contest picture

By: Ananya. G
"Malala" by Ananya. G, student artist.

Nelson Mandela:goal 10

By: Sunaad

Cesar Chavez by Luis Aguileras

By: Luis Aguileras
He was co-founder of the United Farm Workers Association in 1962 with Delores Huerta.. In 1994, his family received Presidential Medal of Freedom from Clinton.

The Power of Education (MSidibay) by Liza Donnelly

By: Liza Donnelly
Cartoon by NY Times Illustrator Liza Donnelly of Mohamed Sidibay speaking about the power of education at the Global Education and Skills Forum in 2018 in Dubai

The Sturgeon General (aka Sylvia Earle)

By: Alice Turner

Marsha P. Johnson

By: Elliot Rodriguez
I wanted to created a portrait of Marsha to show my appreciation for her. Being a transgender individual myself, Marsha is a person who I greatly look up to as a role model.

Jane Goodall

By: Todd and students from Southwestern college in San Diego
Art Miles Mural and MY HERO partner on the HERO MILE

Walter Sisulu

By: Kathleene Crass

Jane Austen by Samantha from Taft High School

By: Samantha Park of Taft High School
Jane Austen is my hero because she is a writer, a writer who inspires me. Not only was she a good writer, she was a female writer at a time when females weren't allowed to have ideas, let alone write. Jane Austen didn't have to hide who she was to get published; her work was just that good. She has shown me that if you persevere and keep going, you can do anything you want to.

My Hero - His Holiness The Dalai Lama

By: Sajal Subodh from India (Age 14)

Learn More about Our Partners

Related Pages

Discuss Concept of Heroism in the MY HERO Forum
Credit: UN
MY HERO Stories
365 Days of Heroes Calendar

Organizer created on 7/15/2020 4:33:30 PM by Giselle Villatoro

Last edited 11/21/2021 8:42:06 AM by Laura Nietzer