MY HERO in partnership with Art Miles and UN Association-San Diego
The MY HERO Project Gallery seeks to engage young artists in learning about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals which are meant to create a better earth now and for the future. We want young artists to be curious and investigate a goal and person, famous or non-famous, who is doing important work towards one or more of the goals.
The contest is separated by grade level AND SDG numbers:
• Early Elementary - Kinder to 2nd grade - Goals: 1, 2, 14, 15
• Upper Elementary - 3rd grade to 5th grade - Goals: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 13, 16
• Middle School - 6th grade to 8th grade - Goals: 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 17
• Certificate of Excellence & MY HERO Stickers
• Needs to have a Hero in the poster (either digitally or hand drawn)
• Needs to have Hero name as text
• Needs to have SDG number and name
• Needs to illustrate the theme and work of the SDG and Hero
*there are many online apps such as Kami and Seesaw that offer digital drawing tools).
MY HERO Resources
The MY HERO Project is dedicated to honoring heroes around the world. As an organization we consider people heroes when they exhibit the values of kindness, generosity, peace, joy, empathy, and so on. If you are still unsure if the person you wish to showcase is a hero, please take some time to navigate our forum on how to choose a hero. MY HERO also provides multimedia content on stories and a 365 day calendar that showcases a variety of heroes on their birthdays. (Links at the bottom of the site.)
Remember to choose a hero working towards 1 out of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
Poster Contest 2020 Winner
Gallery Inspiration - Art created by kids
Organizer created on 7/15/2020 4:33:30 PM by Giselle Villatoro
Last edited 4/30/2021 5:23:17 PM by Shannon Luders-Manuel