Poster Contest 2020

UN SDG Poster Contest Finalists

Poster Contest Award Ceremony 1/30

Art Award Celebration

MY HERO was excited to launch our first ever Poster Contest to honor heroes working to further one or more of the UN's sustainable development goals. We have enjoyed viewing submissions from around the world!

Please join us on Saturday, January 30, 2021 for the MY HERO Art Award Celebration taking place at 11:00 am EST (8:00 am PST) https://zoom.us/j/99054542204?pwd=dzZGQ2dPSHNDdURTdVRMQkpDeXRMZz09 

For the Zoom Passcode, email Education Outreach Director Laura Nietzer: [email protected].

Participants in the MY HERO Poster Contest will be featured and the winners of the contest will be announced. In addition, the winners of the Coronavirus Art Contest from Pakistan and Iran will be honored.

We hope you can join us for our celebration of art submitted by students from around the world and learn how you and your students can become part of the MY HERO community.

2020 Winners

First Place

WONDERFUL HEDY LAMARR

By: SIU KA YI
Hedy Lamarr was one of the famous girl inventors which investigated new advanced information and communication technology.

Second Place

Malala SDGs 17, 5 and 4

By: Arushi V.
This poster shows us a representation of the activist Malala, who worked to try to give girls in Pakistan the opportunity to go to school. Malala was born in a place where girls were unable to get an education.

Third Place

Defy Gravity

By: Kyler Kerr
Poster Contest Submission GOAL 10: Reduced Inequality

2020 Poster Contest Finalists 

NATURAL HERO - GRETA THUNBERG

By: CHAN PO CHI, ANGELO
Greta Thunberg is a Swedish environmental activist known for challenging world leaders to take immediate action against climate change.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg By: Lily Cooke

By: Lily Cooke
Ruth Bader Ginsburg - an amazing example of a hero for the UN Sustainable Development Goal #10: Reduce inequality within and among countries.

Official Entries

Marvelous Thomas Piketty

By: CHAN WING CHI, VINCI
Thomas Piketty is a is a Professor of Economics in France, he promotes the issue of wealth inequality, and arise the public’s attention towards it via his thesis.

Nelson Mandela:goal 10

By: Sunaad

my hero

By: Zeke
Steven Rinella is my hero because he has taught people that hunting is helpful and is a great time.

Equality Hero Janet Freeman poster

By: Dylan Smith
My poster is a mixture of the text of images, some of which I have made myself some I got from the web. Describing the work being done by Janet Freeman to reduce inequality.

A.P.J ABDUL KALAM (EX President of India)

By: JOHN P ANSON
ABDUL KALAM ex President of India and Missile man of India

Cody Friesen

By: Maahi Srivastava
"Cody Friesen" by Maahi Srivastava, student artist.

Malala Yousafzai

By: Vaanya Modalla
"Malala" by Poonam Yadav, student artist.

My Hero - A.P.J.Abdul Kalam

By: Tvishaa Shreyas
A.P.J.Abdul Kalam was an Indian aerospace scientist and politician who served as the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007.

Jackie Robinson My hero

By: Jack Williamson
This is why Jackie Robinson is my hero.

MAHATMA GANDHI

By: JOHN P ANSON
Mahatma Gandhi the Father of Nation.

Micheal Smith

By: Tristen
Michael Smith is an environmental hero who has the powerful mind of an inventor, he uses his Ideas to improve and save the planet we live on.

JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU

By: JOHN P ANSON
Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru is the First Prime minister of India and advocate for children.

Malala Yousafzai -My Hero poster contest picture

By: Ananya. G
"Malala" by Ananya. G, student artist.

Malala

By: Chetan Veeramachaneni
"Malala" by student artist Chetan Veeramachaneni

Kamala Harris

By: Mihika Srivastava
Kamala Harris is my hero because she made history by becoming the first woman, and woman of color, to be elected Vice president of the United States.

Fisker

By: Dawsen Rulon
Sustainable Development Goal 11 - Henrik Fisker created sustainable vehicles

ecnomic health

By: Benjamin Steger
Josh Birks Sustainable Development goal 8.

Kinzer's Elon Musk goal 11

By: Kinzer Ratajczyk
This poster is a collage of all the highlighted things Elon Musk is doing to better the community and better the earth

Henry's venture

By: Henry
I made this drawing of the solar panel creator.

Organizer created on 1/7/2021 2:45:20 PM by Giselle Villatoro

Last edited 2/8/2021 1:52:19 PM by Giselle Villatoro