Rosa Parks

by Léa from Gondecourt in France

124376Rosa Parkshttps://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Parks#/media/File:Rosaparks.jpgRosa Parks was born in 1913 and died in 2005. She became famous in 1955, because she was at the origin of the struggle for equality between white people and people of color in the United States and she fought against racial segregation. On the 1st December 1955, in the United States, she refused to give up her seat to a white man on a bus. She was arrested and, from there, the blacks of his city led by Martin Luther King organized the bus boycott. That is to say, they refused to use them. This boycott will last a little over a year until the law organizing segregation in buses was abolished. This woman became a kind of heroine for the blacks and showed them that they could also start to rebel. She was brave, strong and she wasn't scared to defend her opinions. Rosa Parks is my hero because she showed that there should be no difference between people according to their skin color. I had a friend who was bullied because she was black. The students of her class threw a ball of paper at her. They insulted her and I hope it won't happen again. When we talked about Rosa Parks, I knew that people had fought against segregation and I wish that later blacks man and white man consider yourself, to be equal.