Betsy Ross

by Megan from USA

My hero is Betsy Ross. Her real name is Elizabeth. Betsy Ross was born January 1, 1752. She died January 30, 1836. Throughout Betsy’s whole life, she lived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She was a hardworking person who never gave up.

Betsy Ross soon learned what she had done. When she found out, she was very proud of herself. This flag is still used today to represent the United States of America. Whenever we look at the flag, we know that it is the first American flag and was sewn by Betsy Ross. She will live on forever and she is my hero.

Betsy Ross is important to me because she showed she was hardworking when being responsible for sewing the first American flag. Betsy never gave up and showed how important it is to follow your dreams. She is still known today for her accomplishments.

Roop, Connie. "In Their Own Words Betsy Ross". New York2001.

Unknown. "About Betsy Ross." [Online] Available http://www.womenshistory.about.com/library/bio/blross.htm.