Susan C. Athey

by Mattia from Los Angeles

The words dedication, and determination are the words that appear in my mind when I think of Dr.Susan Athey. Susan shows her determination by not letting the fact she and her fellow colleague where the only females in the graduate program at Stanford University in economics. Her dedication is shown through her works with the, I Have a Dream Program, Dr. Athey was also involved as an advisor in the Nu Alpha Chapter at Stanford University, which earned her the Elaine Bennett Research Award.

Although Dr. Athey was only twenty years old when she entered the graduate program at Stanford University, she proved that she was wise beyond her years by accomplishing so many goals which is a very important characteristic in a hero or heroin. I think Dr. Athey is a great heroin for all people because she shows us that determination and dedication pay off in the long run.