Steven Vinyard

by Grady from Harrisburg

Do you have a hero? Well, we do, Mr. Steve Vinyard. He is a basketball coach and a pleasant substitute teacher in his free time, and he helped his son when he had cancer. These are just a few examples why we chose him for our hero.

Our first example why Steve Vinyard is a hero is that he is a basketball coach for the seventh grade. He helps everybody out with their basketball skills. He will even help you out if you don't make the team. He will encourage others to try out next time if they don't make the team and tell them never to give up. Steve tries to get everybody in the game no matter what the situation is. This is one example why Steve Vinyard is our hero.

We chose Steve Vinyard as our hero because he is a pleasant substitute teacher in his free time. He's usually very nice to us when he's subbing. He helps us (if we're in the class he's subbing in) with the questions we ask about the assignment. He usually lets us talk if everyone is done with their assignment. We think he's a really cool substitute teacher!

Steve Vinyard is our hero because he is encouraging. An example is with his son. His son had cancer and Steve encouraged him the whole time he had it. It changed both of their lives. Finally, the cancer went away after all the treatment. This is why he is our hero.

In conclusion, as our hero, we chose Steve Vinyard. He is a wonderful substitute teacher when someone needs him. He was there to help his son when he needed him the most. He is an excellent basketball coach. That is why we chose Steve Vinyard as our hero.