Sacagawea

by Quinn from Canada

¨Every thing I do is for my people¨

122447Sacagawea mind webQuinnI chose Sacagawea because she is a very strong and a courageous heroine. Sacagawea was a young native American woman. She and two other courageous explorers camped for almost a year among wild animals like grizzly bears, Buffalo, cougars and wolves. During their adventure across the United States in the early 1800´s , Sacagawea helped make history. She was the daughter of the chief of the of the Shoshone Tribe. Sacagawea was born in May 1788 and died December 20, 1812. Sacagawea was 25 years old.  When she passed away ,she was known for her kind heart. She also helped explorers find a passage to the Pacific Ocean.

122445Sacagwea portrait QuinnPeople believe Sacagawea was was born in Idaho Presidents day in her village.  Idaho sat in the harsh rocky mountains it was not easy for her, and her Tribe to find  food because the Shoshones' enemy the Hidatsa Indians hunted all the food. When Sacagawea was about 12 she was kidnapped by  Hidatsa Indians and later Sacagawea Was sold to an Englishman Named Toussaint Charbonneau and Toussaint Charbonneau made Sacagawea his wife and then later Sacagawea became pregnant. After that two explorers came by and they needed help to get to the Pacific Ocean Toussaint Charbonneau said ¨I can help you but my wife will come along to we can also help you get to the Pacific Ocean. They said ok and after in 1812 she gave birth. Girl Lizette Charbonneau but the Shoshone First Nation woman died on December 20 1812 due to Serious illness she had Suffered  most of her whole adult life.

A sad thing that happened to Sacagawea was that she Was kidnapped and she didn't get to see her family for a long time but later she got to see her brother. The chief of the Shoshone tribe but she had to Leave and go on with the adventure. And then the boat that were traveling on drowned and all of the maps and other Important stuff was in the boat but Sacagawea jumped into the water and got all of the stuff. Toussaint Charbonneau was Sacagawea's husband. He Was born on arch 20 1767 and died on August 12 1843 and he was 76 when he married Sacagawea and Sacagawea was 15 when she married Toussaint Charbonneau. 

I learned  that Sacagawea was a very helpful First Nation to two English explorers. She was so helpful she felt like a sister to the explorers. Finally got To the Pacific Ocean Captain Lewis carved name and the date into a tree And they had finally reached their goal. If I could see Sacagawea I would ask her how did you camp for almost a year and was it scary on that long adventure and What it was like in 1812.To be  Honest she is really brave that´s why I would LOVE to be her child because I want to be brave and caring like her.