Stan Lee

by Liam from New Jersey in United States

130096Stan LeewikimediaStan Lee                                                                                  

When you think of a book writer you don't think much about them. Well at least if you actually may have had the time to, you probably won't, but what I'm going to tell you about is a writer that affected your whole life. In this essay, the person I will tell you about is Stan Lee - everything in his life, like when he was trying to stop drugs, and all of his accomplishments. He is a hero to the entertainment world.

Stan Lee was born in New York City on December 28, 1922. This writer was born during the years of the Great Depression. When Stan was 17 years old, he had become an official editor of Marvel Studios. Stan Lee’s biggest enemy was DC Studios. One day, the DC company made the Justice League. It was hit so Stan made the Fantastic Four, which also became a huge hit.

Stan Lee was much different than other writers at the time. Most cared about money but he didn't. This writer, instead of making heroes go against super amazing villains all the time, would sometimes have some anti drug and other real world problems in there and he tried to get people active in stopping it. He tried to inspire as many people as he could through his heroes like Captain America, who always tries to do the right thing. 

So you know that someone just as small as a writer can make such a big impact on the world. Stan Lee was a great person, even when he was born in such a terrible time. But he came back and started to make a difference in the world by getting people informed on problems like drug use. This entertainment champion was the most determined, gutsy and daring hero of all who was always trying to make the world a better place.  

Stan Lee story by MY HERO - In May 2005, MY HERO had the privilege of interviewing Stan Lee, the creative genius behind the superheroes of our imaginations: Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, X-Men, Daredevil and The Silver Surfer, to name just a few. His name is synonymous with Marvel Comics where, at the age of seventeen, he became the youngest editor ever in the comic book industry.