Susan B. Anthony

by Maria Vukaj from Bronx, New York in United States

Independence is happiness.

-Susan B. Anthony

131521Susan B. Anthonyhttps://www.biography.com/people/susan-b-anthony-194905Susan B. Anthony helped women to vote. Here is the short biography on Susan B. Anthony.

Susan B. Anthony was born on February 15, 1820. She was born in Adams, Massachusetts. Her dad, Daniel, was a farmer. He later became a cotton mill owner, a manager, and was raised as a Quaker. Her mom, Lucy, fought in the American Revolution. B. Anthony got inspired by the Quaker belief. The Quaker belief was that everyone was equal under God. This inspiration stuck with her through her whole life. They moved to Battenville, New York. But then, in 1837, her dad’s company collapsed. He lost almost everything he had.

B. Anthony started working as a teacher to help raise money for her dad. But, since women’s rights are not equal with men, a man would get four times as many money as women. All of this was messed up to her. She was trying to convince the government to let girls vote. At this time, she met Elizabeth Cady Stanton.

In 1872, to help women’s suffrage, B. Anthony voted for president. For voting, she had to pay $100. But, she refused to. After this action, all women had been inspired to help women vote. In 1869, B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton founded the National Women's Suffrage Association. This organization had a big help to B. Anthony. It helped her a lot to help women vote. She’s been trying to help women vote for the next 37 years of her life. 

Susan B. Anthony died on March 13, 1906. It took about 14 years after she died when women were finally allowed to vote.