Sylvia Earle: Guardian of the Sea

By Beth Baker

Publisher: Lerner Publishing Group 2000
ISBN: 0822549611
MY HERO recommends this book to children readers.
Annotation
Describes the life of this groundbreaking marine biologist and diver, from her childhood in New Jersey and Florida to her deep sea explorations of the 1980s and 1990s.
User Reviews:
anonomus | 5/14/2009 2:14 AM
i think sylvia earle guardian of the sea is a great book!
yahira gordillo | 5/16/2006 2:04 PM
well i like your book
Audry | 4/6/2006 3:57 AM
im doing a project on you i was wondering if you could tell me what it feels like to be the first to do something that you actually love
thank you

Dear Audry,
You will need to try to contact Sylvia Earle through National Geographic or her book publisher.  Good luck on your project.
-- The MY HERO Library Staff

JENNE' NUTT | 3/9/2006 3:33 AM
I loved the story
Laura Turner | 1/26/2006 2:57 AM
Ever since reading this book, Sylvia Earle has been my inspiration, my guiding light. I'm so grateful to Beth Baker for compiling this biography of her life together to be found by me. Now I've planned my future and I've discovered I'm going to do what she did, become a marine biologist!!!
Vanessa A.V | 1/10/2005 10:46 AM
Well I think this book that you have is great. you get to learnd from diffrent plant under the sea and how many things you discoverde while you were studing and getting married and having two kids.  I am doing a report on you in english class. it is great what you did.
Hillary Rights | 5/4/2004 11:39 PM
Hey Sylvia,
just wanted to say that I think your books are great! I read all of them. My class is doing a heroes fair, and I picked you to be my hero. Your life is amazing.

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews