Tony Hawk

by Anthony from Holmdel

My hero is Tony Hawk, a professional skateboarder. Born in San Diego on May 12th 1968, this pro has gotten thousands of injuries including, fractured ribs, two knocked out teeth, a compressed vertabre, popped bursas, torn up knee cartalage, sprained ankles, a bruised tailbone, torn ligaments, and finally more than 50 stitches. He is sponsored by Birdhouse, one of the most popular skating companies. He's been a pro for 17 years ( since he was 11), and has been a great role model ever since.

Accomplishing more tricks than any other skateboarder has done, he did the greatest one on July 27th 1999 in the X-games Vert competition. You guessed it, the 900, 2* complete spins and now that's his signature move. No other pro has done it has done it, although many pros have tried it. He's so great that he's even in the video game world. Two games have come out named after him, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2.

He's about 34 years old now and is retired, but STILL, Birdhouse seems to ignore that fact and puts out clothing for him and new boards. He is my hero because he never gives up and always gives it his all.