Tammy Campeau

by Kenzie Motard from Cornwall, Ontario in Canada

MY HERO

139045nanamom

My nana talks a lot, but that is what makes me love her so much. She has a very big heart. My nana is 61 years old, born in 1959. She grew up in Cornwall, Ontario, but moved to Long Sault. She has two daughters: Tanya, my mom, and Tasha, my aunt. My nana loves to be around the family and have fun. My hero is my nana, Tammy Campeau, because she's optimistic, warm hearted, and very forgiving.

My nana is my hero as she is very optimistic and warm hearted. My nana always thinks of others. Any time I have a problem or I’m upset, she helps me, like when I have a fight with one of my friends or my mom, she helps me figure it out. My nana is also very positive no matter what's going on in her life, she always sees the bright side of things. For example, when my poppy, her dad, passed away, it was hard for her but she was so optimistic, she got through it. This quality of hers makes me want to be a better person.

Also, my nana is my hero because she is very forgiving. No matter how poor the situation is or what that person did, all it takes is an apology and she will forgive them. Some of my family members give my nana a difficult time, and my nana has the biggest heart to forgive. This quality of hers helps me to forgive and forget.

To conclude, my nana is my hero, as she is optimistic, warm hearted, and forgiving. I hope when I’m her age, I get all her qualities. Not only does she not have  one bad bone in her body, she's just overall just an amazing person. I hope I turn out like her.

INTERVIEW WITH MY HERO

1.  How do you stay positive?

That’s the way life is, you have the good and the bad, and I see more in good in the world than bad.

2. What motivates you the most?

My family 100% motivates me the most and to be there for them no matter what.

3. Who inspires you the most?

I think life inspires me the most because I enjoy life so much. 

4. What helps you the most after having a bad day.

I think of all the good in my life and what I am so lucky to have.

5. Can you explain your goals in life?

My goal in life is to see my daughters have happy lives before I die.

6. What point of your life was the hardest, and how did you get through it?

The hardest part of my life is losing my parents. It's like a piece of me was lost. I got through it with the help of my family.

7. What is your advice for people who are having a rough time?

To find the positive in your life. There’s something that’s always positive in your life: “When one door closes, another door opens.”

8. Do you see any qualities of yours that I have developed?

Yes I see so much of you in me. I see your enjoyment in the health care, like me and you're such a caring person.