Theodore Roosevelt

by Caleb Morgan from United States

120748Theodore RooseveltPach Bros [Public domain] via WikimediaWhy do we have teddy bears and why does Mount Rushmore have 4 faces carved into it? That’s the fault of war hero and former president, Theodore Roosevelt. Theodore Roosevelt was never far from anything especially politics. He wasn't far from a hero running into war for our country. He was also close to many exciting accomplishments. He didn't lead a life without struggles though. He had a lot of heroic virtues too.

Theodore Roosevelt loved politics and was never far from the center of them. Theodore Roosevelt always grew up wanting to be a politician. Theodore finally got somewhere with politics when made vice president by William McKinley. When McKinley was assassinated Theodore took his place and was president for the rest of McKinley's term. Theodore was then officially elected and then reelected for his second term. Theodore Roosevelt was involved in the Spanish American War. Theodore was in a volunteer cavalry called the Rough Riders. Theodore and the rest of the Rough Riders fought in the Battle of San Juan Hill. Before the Rough Riders Theodore was in the Navy but resigned. After resigning from the Navy Theodore Roosevelt created the Rough Riders.

Theodore Roosevelt had many exciting accomplishments. One accomplishment was he fought in the Spanish American War. Another one is he was vice president. The last accomplishment I will recognize is he was the 26th president of The United States of America.

Theodore Roosevelt had many struggles in life. His mother and wife died the same day from a serious illness. Another struggle is that he went through is he had to take William McKinley's place after he was assassinated. One last struggle is Theodore was left blind in one eye after a boxing match while in the presidency. 

Theodore Roosevelt had many virtues that might make him a hero. He was brave proven by him going into battle. He was a leader shown by him creating the Rough Riders and becoming president. When choosing what kind of hero he is I would say physical because he was selfless.

Anyone can learn a lot from Theodore Roosevelt. I don’t see him as a president or a war general I see him as a teacher. He teaches me leadership and to take control when no one else will. He teaches me how to get through life when it tests me with struggles. He taught me to always power through and not to give up on my goals in life. He taught me not to give up on others around me and not to destroy the gift of life when it is given to other creatures. He is an unintentional teacher who was just a normal person not doing what he did for fame or for himself he did things for others around him and that is what he taught me and can teach others.

White House - Learn more about the former president
The Nobel Prize - Roosevelt biography
Theodore Roosevelt Association - Learn about the organization