Tiffani Lee

by Sofia Ruiz and Guadalupe Rangel from Milwaukee, Wisconsin in United States

118505Tiffani LeeFox6 NewsTiffani Lee is a Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) bus driver who saved a 5 year old lone some child on May 2nd, 2017. 

118506The 5 year old child Fox6 NewsIt was early morning on May 2nd, 2017, when bus driver Tiffani Lee spotted a 5 year old girl at the bus stop near 108th and Oklahoma wandering the streets alone.

Lee stated that the child "...was walking by herself and she had on one flip flop and one tennis shoe.". As a result, Lee became worried since the temperatures were in the 40s and the girl's parents were nowhere in sight. The child had told Lee that she "...was on her way to the store.", but Lee could not just stand by and do nothing as she says, "I'm a parent, so I knew no parent would let their children out in that kind of weather.". Afterwards, Lee is seen calming the girl on the bus surveillance footage as the West Allis police were called. Lee then states that, "She calmed down because we got to talking about nail polish. She had on pink and I had on Easter purple.".  

118507West Allis police officer with the child Fox6 NewsLater on, a West Allis police officer knelt down to speak to the child and inquired about where she came from. The child replied saying that she was lost and the officer was then able to find out where the girl lived as he personally took her home. 

Behind the scenes, the young child's aunt, Cheryl Wentland, opened up about the incident. 

Wentland said that she told the young child, her goddaughter, that they were going to the mall that day. She stated that the child got up early and left the home without advising anyone. Wentland says that, "I promised to get her some shoes that weekend, and i think she had it on her mind, and she always says "Wait for you by the bus stop."".

Family members then expressed their gratitude to the both the police officer and bus driver, Tiffani Lee. 

Bus driver to the rescue: Tiffani Lee helps young girl who was lost - Original article surrounding the incident by Fox6 News.