Wayne Gretzky

by Bradley from Yorkton

Are YOU a hero? Anyone can be a hero. Wayne Gretzky started playing hockey in his backyard at the age of 3, who knew that one day he could be one of hockey's greatest heroes. Wayne has the most points in hockey history.

Wayne Gretzky was indeed a great player and has lead the Edmonton Oilers to the cup in his first year! Wayne has an amazing 2857 points in his carrer passing Gordie Howe by a wide margine, and 897 goals helped Gretzky win 7 Stanly cups.

Gretzky's asists are something to marvel at too,1968 of them! In Wayne's first year in the N.H.L. he was chosen for the second all-star team and played againts his childhood idle, Gordie Howe.

A little fact is that Wayne Gretzky has had his ribs broken, that is why he has such big shoulder pads.

Gretzky was a great player,self-disciple and strong,and that's why Wayne Gretzky is my hero.