William Wallace

by Margo from new market

William Wallace was a freedom fighter. He lived in scotland. during the 1282-1320 year backet he fought in revenge of two people whom he dearly loved:His father,and wife. when he was about 9 years old his father was killed by the English. When he was about 35 his wife,whom no one knew about,was killed.

He fought mostly against the English. But when the english brought the Irish and the danes into the battle(s) they fought even harder. And when the supposed king of scotland sent his sons wife to discuss proposals with William he messed up.

Once the King of Scotland had messed up it was no problem to defeat the English. He fought 5 or six battles. he won most of them. The only one he did not win was the one for his life.

William was put on trial and found guilty of rebellion agaisnt the suppossed king of scotland. he was tortured to death. first the stretched him between two ropes. one tied to his hands,the other to his feet. then hi was streched again. this time by hos neck and feet. then he was tied to a cross and laid flat,where he was disenbowled. then,with his last breath,he shouted his most famous word. Freedom. then,they chopped of his head. William's body was cut up and sent to different places. His head,to london bridge. where it was mounted as a memory. no one knows where tjhe rest went.

William's Legacy for freedomlives on in the hearts of his great great great grandchildren and so forth. as in everyone else. for all we really desire is true freedom. William Wallace wanted to make point. He also wanted revenge for his wife and father. And it is becuase of this reason he is one of my many heros.