Willie

by Emily Stockton from San Antonio, Texas

131761These birds look like Williehttps://kids.kiddle.co/ParrotParrots are very smart animals... sometimes they can repeat the human language. A parrot named Willie said a very special word at a frightful moment.

A babysitter and her parrot, Willie, were babysitting a 1-year-old child. The sitter left the room for a moment, and the baby started choking on a piece of food.

Willie yelled, "Mama, Baby," and the babysitter came into the room to see why her parrot was yelling said words. Once she saw the baby choking, she jumped into action and saved the child.

The special bird saved a life thanks to his quick thinking. He is one smart bird to know what to yell and when to yell it.

This story comes from the book "Pet heroes" by Nicole Corse.

I'm sharing this because I think Willie is a strong, smart bird who's story needs all the the sharing it can get.