World Laughter Day | First Sunday of May

Lighten up! Learn about World Laughter Day and its founder, Dr. Kataria, as well as the scientific research behind the positive benefits of laughter.

World Laughter Day

Introduction

Laughter Yoga is a movement Dr. Kataria started in 1998. Simply put, strangers assembled in groups just to laugh and soon became friends. As infectious as laughter itself, Laughter Yoga is now practiced around the world. Reap the benefits of laughter and make it part of your routine.

Teachers: Use the MY HERO Lesson Plan for World Laughter Day in your classroom. Includes discussion guide and learning outcome.

Dr. Madan Kataria

By: Wendy Jewell
Dr. Madan Kataria has started a revolution of joy and laughter that is spreading around the world.

Laughter Yoga | Laughing for Fitness // 60 Second Docs

Produced by:60 second docs
Jeffrey Briar trains members of the Laughter Yoga Institute, a laughing club in Laguna Beach, California that works on the principle that the body cannot differentiate between “real” and deliberate laughter.

i Luv Laughing Yoga

Producer: Wendy Milette & Jeanne Meyers
Dorothy finds healing and joy
with the Laguna Laughter Yoga club!

World Laughter Day Celebrated by Ireland Laughing Yoga

By: Ireland Laughing Yoga

More Multimedia Content about Heroes Who Make us Laugh

We know that, according to the science of laughter, just watching someone laugh can make us laugh. Or that by deliberately laughing, we can start laughing for real!

But let's not forget our comedy heroes--now we know they not only make us feel better, they also make us healthier by living to make us laugh.

Comedian Heroes

By: MY HERO Staff
Comedians live to make us laugh, change our perspective, and enjoy life.

Links

Organizer created on 4/16/2014 7:01:04 PM by Becky Miller

Last edited 5/3/2020 12:12:03 AM by Shannon Luders-Manuel