Alexandra Cousteau

by Kailey G. from Colorado

A type of hero is not someone like superman or Spiderman. I think a hero is someone who cares about his or her surroundings and people. A hero is someone that puts other people first. A definition of a hero is noted for courage or nobility of purpose, especially someone who has risked or sacrificed his or her life. I like this definition because it is saying that anyone can be a hero, they don't have to have super powers they just have to have a heart. An example of those characteristics is my hero,  Alexandra Cousteau.

Alexandra Cousteau cares about oceans wonders. This name may sound familiar. Alexandra's legendary grandfather, Jacques, and father Philipe have explored the ocean wonders. Now Alexandra has carried down the legend. Alexandra and her family have dedicated their life to exploring and explaining the natural world. Her first expedition was with her family. She was only four months old and grew up traveling the globe. She has helped people such as kids. She has made an organization in 2008 called the blue Legacy. Alexandra’s mission of the Blue Legacy is to tell the story of our water planet. Alexandra’s mission of the Blue Legacy is to tell the story of our water planet to the world. To inspire people to take action on critical water issues in meaningful ways and to help shape societies. The non-profit organization is devoted to inspire concern and commitment for the environment in youth’s planet to the world. To inspire people to take action on critical water issues in meaningful ways and to help shape societies. The non-profit organization is devoted to inspire concern and commitment for the environment in youth.

Alexandra has made a lot of ideas about saving our water planet. To make it fun she has thought of some fun ideas, such as video games that deal with water, online simulations that show the cause and affect, and even text messages that help people make better choices. I think these are very good ideas and tips. She has inspired a lot of people including me. Alexandra has been honored, as a member of National Geographic's "Emerging Explorers" class of 2008. One of my favorite quotes by Alexandra Cousteau is "I believe water will be the defining crisis of our century from droughts, storms, and floods to degrading water quality. Well see major conflicts over water and the proliferation of water refugees. We inhabit a water planet, and unless we protect, manage, and restore the resource, the future will be a very different place from the one we imagine today”. This is very inspiring to me because she is taking a stand in what she believes can be done. That is why Alexandra Cousteau is so inspiring to me.