Amelia Earhart

by Tessa from Atglen

Amelia climbing into her first plane
Amelia climbing into her first plane

If you want to learn about Amelia Earhart read these paragraphs! In Amelia’s day woman could not vote the same as fly airplanes. Men had more freedom. Amelia was born in Atchinson, Kansas on July 24, 1897.

Amelia in her first plane
Amelia in her first plane

Some of her major accomplishments were that she was the first woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean. She also was the first woman to fly an airplane. Amelia also became a pilot in 1920. Amelia had saved enough money in her years that she bought her first airplane in 1920. She also had a jacket that she put on before she went flying and wore it to bed so it would have a more worn look. Obstacles Amelia overcame were being brave enough to fly her first airplane over the Atlantic Ocean.

Amelia standing on the wing of her plane

Amelia had courage because she made freedom for woman to fly airplanes. Amelia had intrepidity because she was the first woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean. Amelia was selfless because she jumped into an airplane and flew for freedom that woman should have not just men.

Amelia Earhart is my hero because she gave freedom to me and other woman to fly airplanes and to fly in air craft. Also because she wasn’t afraid to jump into an airplane even if she wasn’t allowed to. Amelia Earhart is my hero because of these things.

Some interesting facts are that Amelia Earhart made freedom for woman in 1920. Amelia flew across the Atlantic Ocean. She mysteriously disappeared in 1937 while trying to circumnavigate the equator. Amelia’s family was reunited when Amelia was 10. Amelia’s father Edwin constantly struggled to find and maintain gainful employment. Amelia attended several different schools. These are some interesting facts about Amelia Earhart.