Bear Grylls

by Derek from Glenbrook Middle School

“We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.” Bear grllys

Bear Grylls is my hero because he is willing to do anything. Bear is the youngest chief scout at only age 32. Grylls is brave, daring, successful, and willing because he will go anywhere to help us learn the skills to survive in the wilderness. Bear made a difference in my life when I first watched his show Man vs. Wild.

Bear Grylls is a hero because he broke many records. Grylls was inspired by the wilderness. He was also assigned to the show Man VS. Wild on Discovery Channel, this show is about Bear going to the wilderness around the world with a cameraman and only a knife. In the show Grylls shows you the skills to survive. Grylls achieved his childhood dream to climb Mount Everest when he was only 23 years old. That makes him the youngest Briton to climb Mount Everest which is 8,848 metres (29,029 ft). After leaving school, Bear considered joining the Indian Army and spent a few months hiking in the Himalayan Mountains of Sikkim and Wes Bengal, Assam. Grylls also set a Guinness World Record for longest indoor free-fall.

Bear made a difference in my life when I first watched his show Man vs. Wild. He made me want to learn more on how to survive in the wilderness. Bear made a difference in other peoples lives because he is a chief scout, the chief scout teaches people about survival skills.

Bear Grylls is going to break many records in the world throughout his life because he is brave, daring, and successful.

“Bear Grylls.” From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. 9 March 2010 at 18:12.17 March 2010 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls)

“Biography.” Bear Grylls. Bear Grylls
3 February 2010. 23 March 2010
http://www.beargrylls.com/biography.html