Benjamin Kahn

by Ross from Quakertown, New Jersey

''I knew that if the reef was going to survive,someone had to fight for it'' ~ Benjamin Kahn
Ben Under Water (Google images)
Ben Under Water (Google images)

Benjamin Kahn is a true environmental hero. He helped coral reefs survive. He is involved with an environmental group that investigates pollution in rivers, streams, oceans and lakes. Benjamin Kahn fought to stop the big fish farmers from dumping leftover food in the Red Sea.

Coral
Coral

As a young boy in Israel he snorkeled with his father in the Red Sea. He later studied marine biology then left Israel to look after his father’s business. When he returned to Israel he found the place where he snorkeled had murky water, some of the colorful fish had gone, and the coral had died.

Benjamin Kahn is an earth keeper. I think he should be a hero because he helps damaged coral reefs. He found a way to grow coral and glue it back on to the reefs. He has also prevented further pollution from the big fish farms.

Benjamin Kahn
Benjamin Kahn

A true hero will do something that helps all of us enjoy the environment. With no coral some types of fish can die. Benjamin Kahn dedicated his time and money to this project because a lot of coral died. He wanted people to see the coral as he had seen it. Benjamin Kahn is a hero because he is helping to save the environment.

Zalul - A Web article on Benjamin Kahn
Heroes of the Environment - Time Magazine article on Benjamin Kahn