President George W. Bush

by Natalie from Albuquerque

'' President Bush who helped the world.''

My hero is President George W. Bush. I choose him because I think he is a hero. To me, he keeps the United States safe. He is a really nice guy that cares about people. I wish he would run again for president but he ran for eight years.

President George W. Bush was born on July 6, 1946. He was born in Houston, Texas. He blocked rules that would require Federal Agencies to offer bilingual assistance to non-English speaking people - "this candidate who would readily fire-up his Spanish-speaking skills in front of would-be Hispanic voters". He "suspended rules that would have strengthened the government's ability to deny contracts to companies that violated workplace safety, environmental and other federal laws.” He also "approved of sending some letters by Interior Department appointee Gale Norton to state officials soliciting suggestions for opening up national monuments for oil and gas drilling, coal mining, and foresting".

My hero is really responsible because he is the President of the United States. He cares about everyone and he makes a lot of important points. On Wednesday April 5, 2006 at 11:24 a.m., he said, "This is a vital debate. I thank the members who are working hard to get a bill done. I strongly urge them to come to a conclusion as quickly as possible and pass a comprehensive bill." President Bush on Tuesday said, "America needs a health care system that empowers patients to make rational and smart decisions for themselves and their families, a health care system in which the relationship between the patient and the provider are central, not a health care system where decisions are made by the federal government."

President Bush went to college at Yale University. He earned a Bachelor’s degree in history. Harvard University, Master Business Administration. As President of the United States, he was sworn in for a second term on January 20, 2005. President Bush gives a personal tour of the oval office. Bush signed into law the North American Wetlands Conservation Act, and three Marine Monuments.

President Bush is a kind man that cares about everyone. I think he should run again. He said "We’re about to have a discussion about how a community college can change people's lives in a positive way; how we can use our community college system to help people who want to work gain the skills necessary to find jobs in what is a changing economy”. I choose him because he is the best person that can be respectful and responsible.