Charles Lindbergh

by Ben from Montana

Charles Lindbergh
Charles Lindbergh

Charles Lindbergh was the first person to fly non-stop from New York to London in a single seat single engine airplane. Charles Lindbergh is my hero because when I get older I want to be a pilot. He inspires me because he had the courage and the perseverance to be able to try to fly across the ocean by himself.

Charles and Father (Wikipedia)
Charles and Father (Wikipedia)

Charles Lindbergh was born on February 4, 1902 in Detroit, Michigan. He spent most of his childhood in Little Falls, Minnesota. Lindbergh attended over a dozen schools from D.C. to California during his childhood and teenage years. Charles’s parents got divorced in 1909 when he was only seven years old.

Charles Lindbergh (Wikepedia)
Charles Lindbergh (Wikepedia)

I chose Charles Lindbergh to be my hero because when I grow up I want to be a pilot. Charles inspired me because he was the first person to fly across the ocean non-stop in a single engine airplane. He had the courage to fly even across the ocean in a single engine airplane, when most people don’t even fly single engine airplanes at night.

Lindbergh inspired me because of his nerve and his courage. Charles has not had an easy life, like I said he has traveled to many different schools. Even at the age of seven his parents got divorced. When Lindbergh took off on May 20, 1947 he had already known that six other pilots have lost their lives trying to do what he was about to attempt.

Charles Lindbergh was successful in his flight to London, which made him one of the most famous aviation people in the world. He had gone through some hard problems in his lifetime. He has inspired many people to become pilots, and fly around the world. That is why when I grow up I want to be a pilot.