Christa McAuliffe

by Franklin from Troy

A picture of Christa McAuliffe in space unifrom (framingham website)

Do you know about Christa McAuliffe? If you don't, let me tell you about her. She was born August 2, 1948. She was born in Boston, Massachusetts and lived in Boston, Massachusetts, too. She had a husband and two kids. Then she became a space teacher. She taught students from Earth like in normal schools.

Then they told her she was going on a space mission. She was so happy that she was going to be the first teacher to go to space. She got into the spaceship then took off.

When the Challenger Space Shuttle got into space it exploded and the news was all over the newspapers and the T.V. Her family was sad. Several years have passed on, and we still remember Christa McAuliffe.

Today my life is better because Christa McAuliffe and her work. I am able to learn more about what she did. She was important because she was the very first woman to go into space, but when she passed away it made her very well known. Now more people want to learn about her. She has an important place in American History and Social Studies, too.

Women history website - This tells you about how she passed away
NASA website - This tells you about her biography
Fact monster website - This tells you about when she was born and when she died

I chose her, because she was an astronaut. Another reason I chose her is she was the very first woman to go to space. The last reason I chose her is that I wanted know more about her life and how she lived.