Cyrus McCormick

by Daniel from Missouri City

Introduction

These are his general facts.

Cyrus McCormick was born on 1809, on a farm in Rockbridge County. His dad was named Robert McCormick, and his mom was named Mary An McCormick. He was an only child. Cyrus McCormick died in Chicago at the age 75

Childhood

These facts are about when he was a child

Cyrus McCormick grew up on his family's 532-acre farm. He invented the light weight cradle. He spent 10 years making improvements on his dad's sculpture. He grew up on a farm on Virginia.

Adult Life

This is when he was older

Cyrus McCormick invented the horse drawn reaper in 1831. He was elected to the French Academy of science. He also won a gold medal at the London Crystal Palace. A Chicago fire of 1871 destroyed his factory.

Why Famous

This section is about why he's famous. A hero means a person who achieved a lot of special noble awards. Famous means to be popular to the world. Cyrus McCormick became international sensation and won a gold at the Crystal Palace in London. He invented the mechanical reaper. My opinion on Cyrus McCormick is that he helped ranchers with their grains, lived a long life, and was smart.