William Clark

by Emily from Trumbull

Have you ever heard of the explorers Lewis & Clark? Well, William Clark was born in the middle of summer. He was one of the two men that discovered some of the United States. Today I will tell you About William Clark's biographical information, why I think he is a hero, and my personal connections. I think that William Clark was a great soldier and explorer.

Now I will tell you William Clark's biographical information. William Clark was born on a Virginia plantation and raised there until the age of 14 when he moved to Louisville, Kentucky. He was born on August 1,1770. Clark had no really formal education, but when he was 19 he joined the Military. In 1820(or 1813) he ran for Missouri territory governor and won! He had 9 siblings. William Clark married a woman named Julia Hancock. They had 1 son, named after William's partner in exploring, Meriweather Lewis. He was very sad when heard a little before Julia gave birth that Lewis had committed suicide. Once that happened they named their son Meriweather Lewis. After that, he officially joined the army. William Clark was a wonderful, talented explorer, husband and father.

There are many reasons why I picked William Clark as my hero. One quality that proves him to be a role model is that he was brave enough to explore the new land. I think that he is a hero because he discovered over half of the United States. I also think he is a hero because without him there to explore America, we probably would not be here today. I chose William Clark for many reasons. One is because he sounds very kind and adventurous, like me. I also chose him because I knew a lot about him already. That is why I chose William Clark.

I share many commonalities with William Clark. One is that we are both caring. Another is that we are both very responsible. If I could, I would ask him, "Was it fun exploring the United States, and why?" I could be a hero by inventing a medicine to stop cancer. Cancer is a serious disease affecting millions of men and women, alike. I would also start a fundraiser to raise money to help poor people and the people that are trying to stop cancer.

"Here I first tasted the water of the Great Columbia River"-William Clark. I think that this quote means that he could feel and taste where he was. This makes him a hero because it tells that he was adventurous enough to travel by foot to the western side of the United States. That is why I think that William Clark is a hero.