Daniel Boone

by Alex

Daniel Boone was an explorer. He was born in 1734. Daniel Boone's birthday was on November 22 but the Boone family used an outdated calendar and it was actually on October 22, 1734. He was one of the most famous frontiersmen in the United States. Daniel Boone was a hero because he was brave, smart, and a leader. Daniel spent most of his time studying birds and would take his cattle and wander through the woods with them. Daniel did not attend school. Daniel's older brother's wife taught Daniel how to read and write. This is why Daniel Boone is a hero.

Daniel Boone was brave because when the Native Americans took his daughter he went after them and got his daughter back. He was brave because he left his house and went on a military expedition and also left his family. Daniel went on many dangerous expeditions. He led a group of people and they found a trail called The Wilderness Trail.

Daniel Boone was smart. He knew the way of the forest. Daniel was also comfortable in the wilderness. Daniel was a militia officer. Daniel Boone led his first expedition in 1767. He was in Big Sandy River country as far as Floyd Country. Floyd country is in Kentucky. He made a settlement with Chief Blackfish.

Daniel was a born leader. Daniel Boone served during the French and Indian War. Lots of people followed Daniel and they found a trail called Cumberland Gap. Some people even wanted to be like him. He was the leader because he hunted and provided for his family at age twelve. He was a leader because he was the first legendary frontiersmen and woodsmen.

Daniel Boone is my hero because he is smart, brave, and a leader. Daniel is also a hero because he inspired me to learn about nature. He was a hero because he was determined once he set his mind to something he finished it, and then started something different. He was trusted to support his family at age twelve. Daniel Boone is a remarkable hero and I hope to learn more about him.