Davy Crockett

by Andrew from Suwanee

http://a4.files.biography.com/
http://a4.files.biography.com/

Davy Crockett

Davy Crockett was a cattle driver when he was only twelve years old. His father forced him to go and cattle drive through the harsh, dirty, cold then hot, rough terrain of Tennessee. Davy Crockett was a famed frontiersman, a folk hero, congressman , and a defender of the Alamo. This person is a hero because all the great deeds that he accomplished.

upload.wikimedia.org ()
upload.wikimedia.org ()

He got married to Mary Crockett and became a farmer. Later he moved back to his hometown in Tennessee because farming was unrewarding. Davy then became a senator for Tennessee. After his terms were over he enlisted for the army then got discharged for an unknown reason , he did it again and got discharged for another unknown. Crockett later volunteered for the Texas army and died in the battle of the Alamo. He had a many early influences.

upload.wikimedia.org ()
upload.wikimedia.org ()

Davy Crockett is a hero to many because of his selflessness and perseverance. This evidence shows that Davy has perseverance when he ran away from home to escape an awful beating from his father "He decided his lack of education limited, his marriage [opportunity],so he learned how to read, to write a little and to cipher [do math]"(2015). This evidence shows that Davy has perseverance because even though he ran away he still made it through .This also shows that he has perseverance because although he ran away and had a limited amount of possibilities to marriage and school he still made it through and ended up getting married to Mary Crockett. If he had that much perseverance he had a lot more as he grew older. He also got turned down from the Army many times but kept at it. Additionally from having perseverance he was selfless. For example he didn't become a senator of Tennessee for himself but to make Tennessee a better place. He was also selfless for fighting for his country. He also volunteered in a war against Mexico. In fact he died selflessly. His death was unknown exactly how but a Mexican witness said that his death went like this, "Crockett and a few others survived but then was captured then executed. Crockett accepted his fate." (Bruce 93). This quote shows that he accepted his fate without leaking information so he died selflessly. With all of this information Davy is considered selfless and a persevering person.

Davy's long term effect was actually bigger than most people would realize because he made the state of Tennessee a better place. He also practically died making Texas as big as it is today. The reason for that statement is because he died in the Battle of the Alamo which was when the Texas Army heard about this they fought for a bigger purpose. They had a sense of vengeance considering that not only their friends had just been slaughtered by the Mexican army but also an icon (Davy Crockett).

Davy for those reasons is a hero because he was selfless, had perseverance and did good deeds you.He had long term effects on not only his state but his country. He did his best to make the world better for the people after him. Crockett was one of many real life heroes.

"Davy Crockett." Biography.com. Ed. Biography.comeditors. A&E Television Networks, n.d. Web.

Davy Crockett George Sullivan Scholastic inc published 2001.

Davy Crockett the legend of the wild frontiers Richard bruce winders 2003 Rosen publishing company

History.com staff. "History.com." History.com. A&E Television Networks, n.d. Web. 21 Sept. 2015.