Davy Crockett

by Chad from Grand Rapids

Davy Crockett (wikipedia)
Davy Crockett (wikipedia)

My hero is Davy Crockett and I’m here to tell you about him. He was born on August 17, 1786 in a log cabin. He had a wife named Polly and two children. Davy has always been a man of family he cares for them first. They lived out in the wilderness in a log cabin, he had a good neighbor who they were friends with. That neighbor even went to war with Davy.

Davy Crockett had many struggles and hardships; everyone who goes into the war does. There were some major events that happened to Davy. In 1813 Davy went off to war. Early when Davy got there he and a group of soldiers went on a recon mission. Davy and his friend split up from the group, but soon the soldiers were ambushed. Davy and his friend snuck up on the Indians and saved the soldiers. Later that night, they decided to ambush an Indian war camp. When Davy was trying to take down the Indian chief, he was hit over the head with a blunt end of an axe. Without Davy, they would not have beat them because Davy went up the middle and drove them back. Another major thing that happened was Davy compromised with the Indian chief to help end the war. Last, Davy was elected into the U.S. Senate.

Davy Crockett Marrage contract (wikipedia)

There are lots of things that I admire about this person. He is not afraid of anything; he will wrestle a bear or just look it in the eye. He was always willing to help others. He risked his life to help save others. My personal favorite is that he left the war for a couple weeks to help his family. I admire him because he is willing to risk his life for the good of others; Davy Crockett is a good man.

Fall of the Alamo (wikipedia)
Fall of the Alamo (wikipedia)

I have told you many things about Davy Crockett and the things he’s done. Davy Crockett died March 6, 1836 at the Alamo. Davy Crockett was a great help at the Alamo; he worked with the soldiers and held them off for days. He knew what to do at the right time, and help the soldiers. Davy Crockett was a great man and an even better soldier.