Earthkeepers

David Suzuki

by Laila from Calgary

"We're in a giant car heading towards a brick wall and everyone's arguing over where we are going to sit."
I made it (I did)
I made it (I did)

David Suzuki (I drew it (I Did))
David Suzuki (I drew it (I Did))

I chose David Suzuki as a hero because he is an amazing environmentalist. Also I have also a new conservation and environmentalism group (that I will explain in my conclusion) and I thought it would be cool if I did my project on a Canadian environmentalist. David Suzuki also has a foundation called the David Suzuki Foundation. This foundation protects animals all over the world and raises awareness for endangered animals and the environment. That is why I chose David Suzuki as my hero.

I drew it (I did)
I drew it (I did)

David Suzuki was born on March 24,1936 in Vancouver BC, Canada. Right now he lives in Kitsilano, British Columbia, Canada. He may look Asian but both his Citizenship and Nationality is Canadian. Mr. Suzuki has a twin sister named Marcia, and two other siblings, Geraldine (now known as Aiko) and Dawn. That is a little bit about Suzuki's personal life.

David Suzuki was nominated as one of the "Greatest Canadians" in 2004. In the end he ranked fifth "Greatest Canadian" by the viewers of CBC. He said that he would vote for Tommy Douglas who was actually the winner of the name "Greatest Canadian". Also in 2006, Mr. Suzuki was the winner of the Bradford Washburn Award at the Museum of Science in Boston, Massachusetts. Mr. Suzuki was also honored by Global Exchange, with the International Human Rights Award. He has also achieved convincing the Canadian Government to Improve their lack of Protection to the environment. Also in 2009 he was also awarded the Honorary Right Livelihood Award. David Suzuki was also the winner of the Order of Canada in 1976. He has also recieved the order of british columbia in 2006. He has also received the UNESCO's Kalinga prize. David Suzuki also has a foundation called the David Suzuki Foundation. David Suzuki also has many honorary degrees such as: the University of PEI in Charlottetown (LL.D) in 1974, also the University of Windsor in Windsor, Ontario (D.Sc) in 1979.

David Suzuki is an amazing guy. He has done many things for all success in his life, and has earned many honors in his name. I am very inspired by Mr. Suzuki to become a great Environmentalist and Conservationist when I grow up. My group is made up of young kids that would like to help save the planet and the animals that live on it with us. We have already raised about 400-500 $ towards the Calgary Zoo and if possible also to the ICF (International Crane Foundation). For more information on my New Group go to: www.JEACs.com and go to "Your Page" and read the "Newsflash"

David Suzuki Foundation - David Suzuki Foundation
Wikipedia (David Suzuki) - Wikipedia (David Suzuki)
The Nature of Things - The Nature of Things
Huffington Post (David Suzuki) - Huffington Post (David Suzuki)
Ascension Gateway (David Suzuki) - Ascension Gateway (David Suzuki)