Earthkeepers

Fin Donnelly

by Libby from Wilmington

Fin swimming for the environment! (http://www.rivershed.com/about_history.htm)

My new hero is Fin Donnelly who swims rivers to raise awareness of how much pollution we have in our waters. I learned about him for the first time on www.myhero.com. Fin Donnelly was born in Canada, and graduated from University of Victoria, with a Bachelor of Arts Degree, majoring in Philosophy, now he lives in Coquitlam’s Town Centre with his wife Lynda. Fin Donnelly is also a very giving person because he will swim in rivers cold, hot and even ones with sea animals following him along the way, and he will do this because he wants to help the world and I think that is very giving.

Fin Donnelly believes in making a difference and helping the environment. He is a very modest earthkeeper and a very good help to the world. You can also check out his web site to see how you can help.

Fin Donnelly is very modest and caring I have this feeling because on his web site it says nothing about him and it is all about the environment. So he cares about other things more then himself and I think that’s a good thing to have in a hero.

Fin Donnelly is also a very giving person because he will swim in rivers cold, hot and even ones with sea animals following him along the way, and he will do this because he wants to help the world and I think that is very giving.

Also Fin Donnelly also swims rivers to make rivers a better place for animals to live. So next time if you’re about to throw a plastic bag or something else like that in a river think before you do it. When I wrote to him on email this is what he said... His last swim was in September 2000, he does not plan to do another swim but he is looking for someone younger to take off were he left off and “swim for the environment”. So far no takers! He is now developing education programs to help other people learn how to understand the importance of rivers and riversheds, and how they can reduce there impact on them. All in all Fin Donnelly is a great hero and my Hero.

Rivershed Society of BC - This is the organization that Fin Donnelly work through.

I Emailed Fin Donnelly and got some information to put in my myhero project.