Angels

Drew Barrymore

by Anna from Tarzana

There are many people in our lives we consider heroes. They do not need to have any special or supernatural powers. They can be everyday people, like your neighbor, mother, father, or anyone you may look up to. Heroes are people who do others good and bring out the best in you. For me Drew Barrymore is one of those people. She is a person I look up to with a great passion.

Drew Barrymore has been an actress since the time she was five. She starred in movies such as "E.T," "Firestarter," "Boy's on the Side," and many more. Drew has been through many hard times. When she was thirteen she overcame alcoholism and drug abuse and has been doing great ever since. With the help of famiy members and friends, she became strong enough to learn that it was time to get her life together or else her career and life would suffer. I respect how strong willed she is and she gives me strength to take on anything that is difficult in my life.

Another reason Drew Barrymore is a hero is bcause she is a spokesperson for PETA, an animal organization that deals with saving animals from slaughter houses and environmental issues such as cutting down rain forests. Drew has influenced me to get more involved in things that I care about such as my community.

Drew Barrymore not only is a strong and beautiful person but she helps others, animals, and the environment. I thank her for being such a wonderful woman and hero.