Press_Release
Please consider donating today
If you share our goals of shining light on the heroes in our midst and empowering people around the world to create positive change, please consider donating today. The MY HERO Project is a haven of hope — a gathering of inspiration and a celebration of the best of our humanity. Our staff and millions of people around the world depend on the help of people like you so MY HERO can continue to thrive for years to come. Thank You for your donation.

The FOA Foundation Awards $2500 Grant To My Hero

A family works together making peace flags at the Laguna Art Museum’s 2017 Imagination Celebration
CONTACT: Jeanne Meyers FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The MY HERO Project
[email protected]
949-376-5964

THE FOA FOUNDATION AWARDS $2500 GRANT TO MY HERO 

LAGUNA BEACH, CA - 06/26/17 - The Laguna Beach Festival of Arts Foundation has generously awarded a $2,500 grant to support the arts outreach Programs of The MY HERO Project in 2017. The award will be used to send MY HERO mentors into local schools and after school programs, including the Boys and Girls Club of Laguna Beach, and the Laguna Art Museum. The idea is to engage children and their families in the creation of positive media and art.
Art from Sage High School on display at the Laguna Hero Fest, June 8, 2017
The FOA Foundation has been a sponsor and supporter of MY HERO for many years. In April, the foundation sponsored MY HERO at the Laguna Art Museum’s annual Imagination Celebration, in which the MY HERO Gallery designed a peace flags project. More than 300 children, friends and family members attended to create imaginative flags and banners to celebrate the theme of peace around the world. 

At the 10th Annual Laguna Hero Fest, on June 8, 2017, MY HERO hosted a celebration of local heroes and organizations working for ocean conservation in honor of World Oceans Day. FOA Foundation grant funds were applied to visual art projects in which students at Sage Hill High School, and at the Boys and Girls Club of Laguna Beach, created hero art that was exhibited at the Hero Fest. 
A young artist shows off her creation at the 2017 Imagination Celebration
“The MY HERO Project is grateful to the FOA Foundation for its continued support of the Gallery and the Arts Outreach programs that we achieve in our community,” said MY HERO Gallery Director Victoria Murphy. “We believe art has invaluable benefits to children at all stages of their development.”

The MY HERO Project is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to sharing stories of heroes from all parts of the world. MY HERO's award winning web site hosts the world's largest archive of hero themed stories, music, art and short films. For more information about The MY HERO Gallery and events, please visit myhero.com/gallery or contact Victoria Murphy at [email protected].