Galileo

by Cole from Williamsville

Galileo is a smart man, but didn't have the greatest success. He had many failures but some success. My hero is Galileo. My hero falls in with explorers. He also was a great inventor. He did the famous experiment. He learned so much that he did not need to have a tutor.

Galileo had various problems in school. He thought all the work was a piece of cake and he wanted a challenge. He liked music ,painting ,and school work. He liked things that most people would like. Galileo's family was not very wealthy to have all of the top of the line things ,but he kept himself occupied. Another problem was that he did not get all the things that other kids would but he would make do with what he had and thing he could use. As you can see, Galileo had a fun childhood.

Galileo was a successful man. Galileo created the thermometer. That helped people what to wear and what to plan for the day. He also found out that the pendulum could be used for measuring time. He is known for the father of science. Next, he found out that the sun was in the middle of the earth and it was not the earth. Galileo liked to invent things. He also liked to look at the stars and examine them. He watched Jupiter's stars and wrote a detailed review of them. He did the famous experiment, he dropped a feather and a heavy ball and both landed about at the same time. As you can see, He is famous in many different ways.

Galileo grew up with challenges and both problems. He didn't go to the best school and didn't get as much information. He didn't get everything he wanted. He made do with the things he had and the things they were available. He worked so much he didn't get a lot of time with his family. He had many failures but he never gave up. As you can see, he came to a lot of obstacles in his life.

Galileo had many major events in his lifetime. In 1564 Galileo was born in Pisa Italy on february 15. 1575 he was sent to study at the monastery at Vallambrossa. 1581 enters university of pisa to study medicine. 1589 assumes a teaching position at the university of pisa. 1597 Appointed as a professor at the university of Pauda. 1609 builds first telescope. 1610 publishes starry messenger. 1611 visits Rome and demonstrates the telescope and discoveries. 1613 publishes letters on sunspots his first public defense of copernicanism. 1630 completes the dialogue concerning the two chiefs in Florence. As you can see, He now is honored for his great events.

Galileo had many quality traits but here are some. Galileo liked to invent things. He invented the thermometer. This is used for measuring different temperatures. He used water in this one. Now we use mercury which is to dangerous for us to make on our own. He also loved to do school work. It didn't matter what it was he liked to do it. He studied anything he could possibly get. He did a lot of extra work even though he didn't have to. By doing all of that it helped him study Jupiter's moons. Also he liked to tutor people. One because he liked more work for him. Second for helping people who need a little extra practice. Thats one reason he could not spend much time with his family. Now you know why Galileo was limited time with his family and friends.

You now know his traits and abilities of things he's good at. Galileo was a very successful man. He had a rough time in his childhood ,but in his adult years he now is the father of science. A lesson you can learn is that you do not need to go to the best school to have the best education. He was very smart even in a less money school. Another lesson is that he worked a lot , but it pays off a lot when you do not give up. He had a long life and now he rests in peace R.I.P. As you cam see, all around he is a very special person in our science and many other things.

Galileo - Biography