Angels

Destiny Paryss Holley

by Momma from Andalusia

Destiny was my very first child. Unfortunately, she passed away as she was being born. She had no vital signs after my water was broken. She taught me some of the most valuable lessons of life.

One of those lessons was that life is just way too short to let the most petty things bother you. Before I got pregnant I was almost always fighting, but when I realized that I was pregnant I knew that would put her life in danger so I quit abruptly. After that, I started to think about other people's feelings and realized that I was fighting over the most pettiest of things, and I vowed to myself then and there that I would not do that anymore.

Another lesson she taught me was to love everyone. People make thier mistakes but you have to continue on with your life. I went around town asking everyone to forgive me. Many people did but of course there were a few bad apples. However, I know that one day they might need someone's help but they won't recieve it due to the fact that "they are poor or of lower class than them." I no longer want to be spending my life classifying myself.

I love my angel and cannot thank her enough for all of the lessons that she has taught me. Although I only named a couple, the list goes on. I just know that everything happens for a reason. And her blessing here on earth was to pull me together and keep me out of trouble. I will love her so much even for the littlest time that she spent with me here.