L.E.A.F. Rocks

by David Kelly

2011 LEAF Awards (LEAF Rocks)
2011 LEAF Awards (LEAF Rocks)

Ana Rothwell created Leaders of Environmental Action Films (L.E.A.F.) to empower youth to become environmental leaders through the powerful art of film, music and technology. In the span of just 2 years, the LEAF Rocks contest for best environmental PSA has spurred hundreds of U.S. high school students to create powerful short films aimed at saving our environment. A result has been the creation of a library of creative and effective student public service announcements, which can be utilized by non profit environmental agencies for their local to global outreach campaigns.

This year LEAF is gearing up to launch its new L.E.A.F. ECOmusic contest – challenging students to create music specifically for next years L.E.A.F. ECOmmercial PSAs and films.  The winning students will be recognized by leading music artists and industry.

More importantly, the organization is currently in the middle of an important fundraising campaign. Please support the voice of our youth for the environment by donating to L.E.A.F. through its sponsor's portal, the Orange County Department Of Education's Inside the Outdoors Foundation. Click on the link below to make a donation to this terrific organization.

Donate here! - Donate to LEAF via Orange County's Dept. of Education
LEAF Rocks - Check out LEAF's homepage

"As a Mother, filmmaker, and activist, I support and applaud L.E.A.F.'s efforts to empower our youth to become environmental leaders. It is vital that we listen to their concerns for their planet and do all we can to support their voice!"