The MY HERO Project | Library

Think Big

By Ben Carson, Cecil Murphey

Publisher: Zondervan; (October 1992)
ISBN: 0310586410
MY HERO recommends this book to young adult readers.
Synopsis
After telling the story of how he overcame an inner-city background to become a world renowned neurosurgeon (Gifted Hands), Dr. Ben Carson now gives an inspirational look at the philosophy of life that helped him meet life's obstacles and leap over them.
User Reviews:
muthoga | 5/25/2011 1:29 AM
my first novel i read and finished.it drove me on and on.i came to understand there is  spirit that watch us when we are doing our best. God used 'think big' to transform my life
The MY HERO Staff | 5/9/2011 5:48 AM
Dear John Hatutale, you might try amazon.com international. Good luck!
John Hatutale (University of Namibia) | 5/9/2011 1:41 AM
Why are Dr. Carson's books not available in Namibia? I've looked for them in almost every bookshop here, but there's no single copy of any of his books available. Please, can someone bring these good books to us.
tia | 4/9/2011 8:44 AM
i have read the book and believe me i was touched ,tears rolling down my face. i think every one should read it.
Kazi H Adione | 4/7/2011 3:54 AM
Your books are very inspirational real are they.i beleave there's the reason for me to read your books.
Miss Bunney | 2/18/2011 12:44 AM
I hav read this book twice its an inspirational thank you carson you are my hero and role model i think am also a surgeon goog work
MONYANCHA ALBERT | 2/1/2011 12:45 AM
I have read this book severally and i think it is the most interesting and inspiring book of all.I acknowledge that everybody should read it to gain the insight and move on with life more successfully.Student........ UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI.
Vera Yip | 12/30/2010 6:42 PM
I know about Ben Carson so late since lots of Christian movies are not legally allowed in Indonesia. I was watching his autobiography 'Gifted Hand'. I am working with marginal community especially children. This movie is really inspiring me to help them how to escape from poverty. His life story is really inspiring billions of people in this world. I'm used to be hopeless, but yeap... need God's help to accomplish everything. Thank you dr Carson. May your children follow what you have done, even better :-)
elizabeth | 10/31/2010 9:10 PM
I've already read the first two books of Ben,that is,gifted hands and think big.They are really inspirational books.May God bless Ben and give him strength and more mind .
Tonny | 8/30/2010 4:48 PM
It is hard to find an all round person like Carson,through his books I have rejuvenated my ambitions and developed a reading culture.keep up the good work
Adam Gamba (Tanzania) | 6/3/2010 3:03 AM
I have read "Gifted hands" and I have learnt and indeed this is a book I will have to encouraged my children to read and learn a lesson which I am sure will have a positive effect on their lives.I now know that if one decides to have anything by the will of God, you will have it. I encourage both parents and children to read this great book and other books similar to this like Poor dad Rich dad!
francis ohwosoro | 4/21/2010 10:31 PM
I am a young adult 25 from Nigeria in city of sapele from a polygamous home. I am really touch by the story of BEN CARSON. now i know hardwork pay and knownledge is very in important, and there is a place for everyone in the world for those work hard. My advise for yuoth is (according to Ben carson) "do your best in every thing you are doing and never look on what people say" thank.
Paul Sudhakar | 2/12/2010 12:39 AM
I feel really challenged and motivated by the life of Dr Ben Carson.God Bless Him.
Ogah Owumi | 11/6/2009 8:40 AM
I was glad the first time i read think big by Ben carson. Its so touching and encouraging, changed my way of thinking. He would always be remembered, God bless Ben Carson.
Cinderella Berry | 10/29/2009 3:33 AM
I am living in Canada and I am interested to know how to get the Books written by Dr. Carson.   Great man of God with gited hands.

We recommend that you check with your local library.  If you decide you would rather purchase a copy, Dr. Carson's books can be ordered from any of the major online book retailers.

-- The MY HERO Library Staff

ssali robert | 10/19/2009 8:07 PM
Dr Carson has written inspiring books which i wud think every one needs to read.may the good lord give you more years to write more books
Lameck Tarupuwa Zimbabwe | 8/24/2009 2:10 AM
You are a great author and by no means an inspiration not only to those who understand or dream of getting into the medical profession but to those who dare. Keep on writing and changing the lives of many in a positive way
Volka willa | 7/28/2009 5:50 PM
Normally I read many Books,But I appriate the positive contribution of Ben,YOUR BOOK has changed my mind attitude in positive thinking.once I read a book i remember Barack Obama a president of America.
Gilbert Jerry_Nigerian | 7/22/2009 8:58 PM
I read your book though just a year a go and my dreams for greatness came afloat once again.
RONALD MAYAKA | 7/18/2009 1:18 AM
The book is very inspirational and it encourages very much. May the lord bless you to write other more books.
philip | 7/8/2009 10:56 PM
Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.congrats Ben
Grace Aolikol | 3/11/2009 6:15 PM
I have read "Gifted hands" and I have learnt and indeed this is a book I have encouraged my children to read and learn a lesson which I am sure will have a positive effect on their lives.I now know that if one decides to have anything by the will of God, you will have it.
I encourage both parents and children to read this great book.
Laimmemo sophie | 2/5/2009 10:19 AM
i read itin 2000 i was just in primary school,the book really inspired me
Pherone /Kingston, Jamaica | 10/30/2008 9:39 AM
It was really a pleasure to read and share your book. It indeed inspried me not to give up. Thank you very much. I do believe you are a gift from God and so do others.
ake | 10/12/2008 12:24 PM
Your book has really inspired me to make my life happen and not just let it happen. It has also helped me become a better christian and a better role model to my friends as a member of the SDA church.
Thank you for your help.
TINY CHIFEDI | 8/19/2008 11:10 PM
I have started reading your book 'Think Big' in a small country like Botswana but it has opened my eyes.  Thank to you and your mother Sonya, hope my 2 girls will read the book also. It is helping me even now. Thank Ben
michael kilumelume | 7/26/2008 6:12 AM
you are the best man ever to open my eyes and make me realise that everything can go well with me if i put God first in everything I do
yan | 2/21/2008 5:11 AM
es muy bueno su libro, espero comensarlo pronto. DIOS LO BENDIGA
Tyneshia | 2/20/2008 9:35 PM
your my inspiration
| 2/20/2008 9:35 PM
nice book
YORK PONCE DE lEON | 2/6/2008 3:11 AM
Muchas gracias Dr. Carson por sus libros manos dotadas y piensa en Grande, me ha inspirado a poder seguir la carrera de medicina se que Dios lo usa mucho y quiero que tambien el me use a mi.Que Dios lo Bendiga grandemente York Ponce de Leon
Mark Johnson | 10/9/2007 6:13 AM
i wold say that Dr. Benjamin Carson is a wonderful doctor, author, and speaker. i strongly believe that he has changed the minds of others, especially mine cause his life experiences has not stopped him from acheieving his goals and i would say that he would change the minds of more and more individuals today in society.
Jacinthia A B C D E F G | 4/23/2007 8:51 PM
i really think that this book is an EYE OPENER
t | 2/3/2007 11:13 PM
I'm doing a project on him and i trully realized he is strong and makes the world a better place
Hamza Usman | 12/24/2006 7:33 AM
he has really made me realize how to believe in oneself and tap your potentials.
mark brand | 9/13/2006 7:25 AM
this is a great book. i actually had to read this book for school and it was really inspirational and informing. i also had to read gifted hands and it was equally as good
Okorie Ikechukwu | 8/18/2006 7:55 PM
Ben Carson is one of the greatest achievers i have read of. Since after reading his book, my attitude towards academic failure have changed for better.
Liliana Stieb | 7/30/2006 10:10 AM
I read the book "Gifted Hands" and it has inspired me and surely this book can inspire too much people, specially young people. I think that Dr. Carson is used by God to make wonderful things.I teach in the Intermediate Sabath School where my students and I are talking about this book, each saturday one chapter.
Sam Akinmoluwa | 7/25/2006 12:20 AM
No doubt mr Ben is a great man! i read his books, watch the GIFTED HANDS video over and and over again, gettin inspired and encouraged each time. he's become my model as i hope to become a neurosurgeon soon
Cristobal Magaña | 5/9/2006 9:21 AM
I would like to congratulate Mr. Ben Carson for his great work that he had done. I have read your books and are amazing how you get to your level. I would like to tell you to keep your great work and do your best.
olive | 4/4/2006 2:54 PM
it was very moving
Nanette McGhee | 3/28/2006 12:30 PM

I am a mother of three boys and one step-son. They range in age from 14 to 6 years of age. They are all actively involved in sports, but I wanted them to idolize other African-Americans that make a difference. Once all the boys read the book, ( I had the bigger boys help the younger boys read the book "Think Big")it really opened there minds to see how special Dr.Ben Carson is. It also showed them why intelligence and hardwork is as important as throwing a football or hitting a homerun. Thank you Dr.Ben Carson for giving my children someone they can also be proud of !!
Esther Louis-Jeune | 2/28/2006 10:23 AM
"Many are called, few are chosen". After reading Dr. Carson's book, I realized that with Jesus all things are possible, even when we ourselves are the ones who think what He has planned for our lives is impossible.  Thank you Dr. Carson for being obedient to God. Your book just confirmed the purpose that God has called me to.  May you and your family be continually blessed.  See you soon!
Kelvin Ehimwenma | 11/24/2005 9:08 PM
Dr Carson I must say he has inspired me. Am a college student in England UK, and one day I hope to specialise in  Neurosurgery. With inspirations drawn from your story and speeches I can now say I know who I am in the Lord. thank you.
Adeyemi Oluwasegun | 11/3/2005 6:46 AM
when i read Ben's first book "Gifted Hands" i wept profusely 'cos i was really touched i'm just like him while in high school that is, a dumb guy but with the help of the book i had 268 in my JAMB exams which is a good score. I am longing to meet you one day Sir.
helen | 10/25/2005 10:53 AM
i really respect ben carson he is a true hero i love reading his books and i think he should write more i will definitely visite johns hopkins hospital all the way from australia just to meet him. he sets a good example to all students in the world and that is not to give up and believe in GOD always
Livia Aaron | 10/24/2005 9:35 AM
This is one of the best books that i have ever read. I have read all of Ben Carson's books and they are very inspirational and motivating, especially to young persons.
abdilatif | 9/9/2005 3:43 AM
Ben Carson became very positive in my life after reading his book. i thank him a lot. he is a person to be admired.
Adeoye Oludotun Yemi | 8/30/2005 8:05 PM
Ben carson is a man of integrity and i must say, he really is a great man who had turned the peoples mind positively with mine. I really admire him cause he is a great man.
chishimba felix | 8/26/2005 10:32 AM
i have been greatly inspired by your first book ' gifted hands' my strenth to fight was renewed and truely God use people to communicate to those who are weak.

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews