Doctor Richard Murphy

by Kara from Huntington

Keeping animals safe from harm
Dr. Richard Murphy underwater helping animals

Dr. Richard Murphy is a hero to me because he saves the ocean. He's trying to show people that we can live without harming the environment. He travels above and below land. The ocean is so important, because so many animal and organisms live down there. A lot of the fish and corral live down there. Sea creature and whales, dolphins and sharks are born and raised. And people are putting everything in the zoo.

The underwater adventure of coral reefs and fish

Animals and organisms that he saves. He saves them by trying to stop people from polluting the sea, rivers oceans and lakes. Organisms are important because they feed the animals we need. We need animals because if we don't have animals our ecosystem will go completely out of whack. Our ecosystem is made of animals, organisms and fish. Plus us - and we need all of those to keep our ecosystem balanced.

Dr. Richard Murphy watching the enviroment

Coral is also another very important thing in the ocean. A lot of people think that coral isn't living but it is, until you rip it out of the ground. The fish hide there and lay eggs there. Without coral, fish and organisms have nowhere to hide. Plus why would you want to kill living things? Sharks and dolphins help balance our ecosystem by the circle of life. Everything in the world has to go through the circle of life.

People are putting everything in the zoo. People think that if they put things in the zoo that they're entertaining. They may be entertaining, but they're not happy there. And taking them out of the wild doesn't make them nicer. They may be trained but sooner or later you'll have to release them. Because trapping them causes anger so they might get mad and attack.

Dr. Richard Murphy is my hero, because he's trying to save the ocean and keep things out of the zoo. I hope you like my information and thank you for reading it. The ocean is important. And remember, keeping them in captivity doesn't help.