Steve Jobs

by Ben N. from Texas

One way to remember who you are is to remember who your heroes are. (Steve Jobs) -Walter Isaacson

What the world needed was a great and creative mind, and Steve Jobs gave it to them. Steve Jobs was an adopted child. But even though he was adopted, he still pursued his dream of building an iCar. He created one of the most famous technology companies in the world. Apple. His most famous products, the iPod, the iPhone, and the iPad are some of the modern devices now used in the world.

Steve Jobs was born on February 24, 1955 in San Francisco, California. His parents were Joanne Schieble,( later Joanne Simpson ) and Abdulfattah Jandali. However he never got to know his parents because he was put up for adoption unnamed. He was later adopted by Paul and Clara Jobs and was named Steven Paul Jobs. As a child, he lived with his adopted parents in Mountain View within California's Silicon Valley. During that time he and his father worked on electronics in their garage which put a persistent and a mechanical skill in him. As a child in school he was so smart that his fourth grade teacher had to bribe him to study. And since he tested so well they recommended that he skip to high school which his parents then turned down. Later in 1971, he enrolled at Homestead High School where he did not know that he would meet his future partner Steve Wozniak.

When he finished high school, he attended Reed College in Portland, Oregon.  But he never got to experience everything in college because he dropped out after six months. Then in 1974 he started working for Atari as a video game designer. After a couple of months he left Atari. By the age 21, he and Steve Wozniak started Apple computers. The company was a success. Their first Apple computer sold for $666.66 and earned them a total of 774,000. He next made the Apple II, a second model which increased their sales by an extreme 700% to 139 million. Steve Jobs needed a president so he went to John Scully, a marketing expert of Pepsi-Cola. But then tragedy occurred. His flawless plans were becoming recalled and he had to compete with other dominating businesses such as IBM/PC. John Scully thought Steve Jobs was hurting Apple so he and the others executives started to avoid him.

In 1985, Steve resigned from Apple and started a new company called NeXT, Inc. The next year he bought an animation company from George Lucas and called it Pixar Studios. He went on to make popular movies such as Toy Story, Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles. Pixar then merged with Walt Disney in 2006. With a high success rate, Apple bought NeXT, Inc. for $429 million dollars in 1997, therefor letting Steve Jobs return to his position as the CEO of Apple.

In the early 1900s, Steve Jobs was attending Stanford business school when he met Laurene Powell. They got married on March 18, 1991 and had three children who now live with their mother in Palo Alto, California.Later in 2003, he found out that he had a neuroendocrine tumor. This can lead to pancreatic cancer. He decided not to have surgery right away, but instead waited until 2004 to get it successfully removed. He also got a liver transplant in 2009. Finally on October 5, 2011, Steve Jobs died of pancreatic cancer. He died in, Palo Alto, California at the age of 56. We will always remember what he did for the world.