Talia Castellano

by Michelle

" But A Little Fishy Once Told Me To Just Keep Swimming "
Talia Catsellano (http://www.google.com/search?q=talia+castellano&sa ())

A hero is a person who helps people without any personal gain. They are people you count on. They can be anyone from family members to random strangers you see on the street. Talia Joy is an amazing hero.

Talia Castellano is an amazing hero because she inspired many children not to give up against the life threatening disease, CANCER. She inspired many little boys and girls that just because you have cancer doesn't mean you have to give up; keep on doing things you love to do. For example, Talia loved doing makeup so she decided to start a channel on Youtube called, taliajoy18 because when she put makeup on she didn't feel that people were looking at her bald head; she thought they were looking at her makeup. She helped children, especially girls, to enjoy life when they can because no one knows when life is going to end. Talia started a foundation called "Bring Hope Home" that helps raise money for children with cancer. With this foundation she raised $100,000. She also started a clothing line called "That Bald Chick" to inspire little girls not to give up or not to stop trying. Since then she has helped many children feel better about themselves and has put a smilie on their faces.

Talia was diagnosed with neuroblastoma and pre-leukemia at the age of 7 and given a few months to live, but she was given an extra 11 months thanks to novel drug therapy. In the process of fighting cancer she was instantly declared cancer-free, but she relapsed three times in the next six years. Although she found out she had cancer she decided to start a channel on Youtube and got millions of subscribers and likes. She was chosen as Cover Girl of the Year in 2013.

At the end of her wonderful journey, she earned her wings at 11:22. At 11:22, Talia was by her family: Desiree (mom), Marc (dad), Kaitlyn, Jackson, and Mattia ( her brothers and sisters) when she died. Talia Joy was born August 18, 1999 in Orlando, Florida. She faced a great obstacle, but sadly couldn't overcome it. Joy died at the age of 13 on July 16, 2013.

Heroes are all over the world. It's okay if you don't have one, but heroes are the mirrors that show us the best of yourself. Heroes can be from random strangers to family members. Just remember you can count on them for anything.