Terry Fox

by Justin from Innisfil

Terry Fox
Terry Fox

Terrence Fox (Terry Fox) was born July 28th 1958 in Winnipeg, Manitoba. He spent most of his life as a kid in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Terry loved to finish what he started and enjoyed running. Family: Rolly, Fred, Darrell, Judith, and Betty.

Terry Fox experienced a few challenges in his life. At age 18 Terry found out he had bone cancer. In 1977 he had his right leg amputated.

These challenges affected Terry's way of life as he knew it, until he adapted to the loss of his right leg.

Terry got influenced by Dick Traum. Dick started the NYC marathon and that influenced Terry to run across Canada. This is influential because Terry said "If Dick can run across NYC then I can run across Canada and raise awareness of bone cancer".

The important thing Terry did was he ran across Canada with one leg. He also raised awareness of bone cancer.