William Clark

by Emily from Arcadia

<a href=http://www.nps.gov/lecl/historyculture/images/william-clark.jpg>William Clark</a>
William Clark

There are lots of brilliant adventurers but William Clark is a hero. He was born on August 1, 1770 in Caroline County, Virginia. He died on September 1, 1838. Will joined the navy. While he was in the navy he met a friend named Lewis and they decided to start a journey.

Will Clark is my hero because he helped the government understand the geography of the west. He also helped people understand the culture of the west. Will drew maps and wrote journals about the west. His adventure is called "The Corps of Discovery."

Another reason that Will is my hero is because he helped the government build a relationship with the Indians. Will became friends with the Indians, and helped people understand the life of the Indians. The Indian he met was named Sacagawea. That is why William Clark is my hero.

A hero is someone who has done something special and important. William Clark is my hero because he helped the government build a relationship with the Indians and helped people understand the culture of the west.

William Clark - from the National Park Service