The Wright Brothers

by Israel from Las Vegas

The Wright Brothers are my favorite heroes, because they were the first people that invented the airplanes and an engine for the airplane. Without them we would not have airplanes and they never flew it unless they thought it was safe for them to fly. They also had a bike store and sold bikes but later on they closed the store to work on the plane they had. The Wright Brothers were Wilbur and Orville Wright.

Wilbur was born in April 16, 1867. Orville was born in August 19, 1871. Wilbur died from a typhoid fever and Orville died from a 3rd heart attack. The way they made the airplane fly is called wing-warping. They inspired me because they never quit and it took them a long time just to build the glider. After they were done they just started to work on a plane that flies with an engine.

They both never got married because they thought they would pay more attention to their airplane, not their wifes or kids. They built different types of gliders in different years. The one they got to work on was in 1902. Orville died in 1948 and Wilbur died in 1912. They both sometimes agree on their work.

The way they had to make the glider work is that they had to have the best winds. One of the brothers flew from California to Washington D.C in 5 hrs.

www.inventors.about.com - Info about the Wright Brothers and how they did on there plane.
www.en.wikipedia.org - info