the Wright Brothers

by Mihir

The Wright brothers are my heroes. They achieved a lot of great things in life that make our lives better. Modern things, like building a bicycle that went faster with gears, and also a sled with a rudder that could move left and right. But the most creative invention of theirs is the science of flight. The Wrights flew the first airplane at Kittyhawk, Ohio. Without the invention of flight we would be nothing. Today we use air planes to travel overseas and to different states and cities. For example to travel from Washington to New Delhi by Plane would taker about fourteen hours. By ship it could take half a year.. see the difference? Now about bicycles: they get us to school and take us places or we can just ride them for fun. They are modern transportation used in our daily lives.

Orville and Wilber Wright were born in Wisconsin, Ohio. Their mom encouraged them to learn and soon both of the students were A+ students.

Again, their most outstanding invention was the science of flying an airplane. The airplane, though, wasn’t as it is today. The airplane had 2 propellers and the pilot had to lie on his back to fly the aircraft. Building these inventions was not as easy as it sounds. The brothers had to make many test flights to achieve their goal. They were actually risking their lives to achieve this goal and if the airplane made some wrong movement their lives would be jeopardized. The airplane was once refused in the USA army but the test trial proved it to be safe and the USA won that war.

The Wright brothers have achieved many things in life . They have made flight possible for us.