High School

After Freddie Gray: What Now?

Victor Able, Tayvon Cole, Katia Crawford, Kailah Hall, William Mitchell, Niajea Randolph | Wide Angle Youth Media | Documentary | USA | 9:45

In spring 2016, high school students at Wide Angle Youth Media decided to explore how the Baltimore Uprising in response to Freddie Gray's death has impacted different youth-serving organizations. Hear from different voices about what is being done in Baltimore in the aftermath to shape supports for youth in the city.

<
>

Anne Frank's Story
Mark Twain Doc
Tapestries
Archies Ice Cream
Evocative Voice of Bung Tomo
Habibie: Mr. Crack
WOMAN WARRIOR EAST JAVA
Ultimate Achievements Of Soekarno
Ultimate Achievement of SOEKARNO
Kevin Little: A Not So Little Hero
WTM: Vincent De Paul on Hero Penny Marshall
Tribute by actor Vincent De Paul ton his hero director Penny Marshall.
1:54
The Sunrise Storyteller - Trailer
The Sunrise Storyteller follows the hero's journey of teenage filmmaker & social justice advocate, Kasha Sequoia Slavner, as she sets out for six months on her 16th birthday across the world in search of stories of hope and resilience that shine a light on what it means to be a global citizen and how we can all make a difference.
5:06
Welcome to the Peace Center
Two student filmmakers embark on a journey into Bukinda, Uganda, one of the most rural villages of the country, to capture the lives of children in The Peace Centre Uganda orphanage.
Sacred
In light of the recent natural disasters and climate changes, now more than ever must we praise Mother Earth on a deeper level.
Dieu Merci: The Story of Michele Rodri
Password: rcp This story of Michele Rodri was created with youth and Holocaust Survivors through the Righteous Conversations Project. Learn about this amazing holocaust survivor and her journey.
9:52
Marian Wright Edelman and the Children's Defense Fund: A Fight for Children's Advocacy
This documentary tells the story of the Children's Defense Fund and its involvement in legislative efforts toward a better future for America's kids.
Women Transforming Media: Gabrielle Gorman
Emerging filmmaker Gabrielle Gorman's poetic filmmaking confronts issues like identity, racism and self-love. We talk to the 2016 MY HERO International Film Festival Student Honoree, National Young Arts alumna in Cinematic Arts and Presidential Scholar finalist about how she wants to make art for social change.
1:35
Preserve the Future
The PSA shows that for each of those problems there is a solution and these solutions already exist. They have been used in the past and we need to discover them and use them again.
4:46
The Monster in my Head
A girl stands up to the negative voice inside her head.
1:16
Homeless Teen PSA
40% of homeless teens identify as LGBTQ+. 50% have parents that don't care that they're gone. Let's take care of each other.