Dennis, Slawson

by Aiden from Dublin

A hero is a person who helps or supports people in a good way and not in a bad way, they can be anywhere and help anyone. I believe a hero should possess kindness, courage, fairness and honesty - all of these traits would define a hero. I chose my hero to be… my Grandpa.

My Grandpa worked in the Air Force and was stationed in Korea for a few years and then was discharged after 6 years of working. He went to Bishop Ryan High School and was born in Buffalo. My family was very emotional when he died at the age of 71. He died in a hospital while he was sick. My family has a lot of Aunts, Uncles, Brothers, Sisters and Grandparents so there was lots of family and friends at the funeral.

I choose kindness and fairness for my traits to talk about. My Grandpa possessed kindness because when we went over to his house he was always nice to us when we stayed there he made us breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also he would hug us a lot when we came and left. For fairness when we played games he always played fair and gave us extra turns to have more fun as he said. He would also play fair and not argue about unreasonable things during games.

My other two are courage and honesty. For courage my Grandpa stood up for our family and friends always. He also would help you up if you fell down, he was a real helper to our family until his passing. For honesty he was always honest when he spilled something or dropped something, he would never lie, never blame something on anybody or hide from telling the truth.

My Grandpa is my hero because he was always honest, kind and reassuring to anybody. My Grandpa means a lot to me because he’s in my family and everyone in my family I care about. I want to live up to his standards by being nice, kind and loyal.  Thank you for reading “My Hero Essay”

Sincerely, Aiden Slawson