Lena Nozizwe presents Alice Princess is Fresh!

Produced by: Lena Nozizwe | Documentary | 2016 | USA | 6:17

When the earth is your produce section*
As a child in Malawi, Africa, Alice Princess Msumba Siwundhla, Ph.D., was handed a hoe and told to help contribute to the meals in her village. She first learned to cook in an outdoor kitchen there which was basically an open-air BBQ pit. Her culinary upbringing was the very definition of farm to fork dining.

Once in America the South African-born university educator, inspirational speaker and best-selling author has shared her cuisine at dinner parties, with students and talk show hosts. "Alice Princess is Fresh!" provides adventurous cooks with the opportunity to serve themselves exotic, nutritional and fresh cuisine.

"Alice Princess is Fresh!" is directed, produced, photographed and edited by Alice Princess' award-winning author, filmmaker and broadcast journalist daughter, Lena Nozizwe, who was privileged to grow up eating her mother;s delicious authentic African cooking. Find the recipes at nozizwe.com.

<
>

4 min
Bazaruto Ocean Guardians
Meet the Ocean Guardians of Bazaruto Mozambique, who work tirelessly to teach local communities about the importance of conservation.
Ron Kovic Peace Prize
10:04
Eva Haller: A Work in Progress
A life dedicated to philanthropy, activism and mentorship, Eva Haller makes a positive impact around the world.
5:24
The Future of Our Species
This fall marks the release of 'Leonardo's Brain,' the book that Director Tiffany Shlain's father and best-selling author, Leonard Shlain, finished days before he passed away. Tiffany builds off her father's ideas to explore the future of our species.
Facebook Stories - The Conditioned by Wendy Jewell
Really own why you make movies and strive to understand why you're doing it
5 Minutes
Peace Begins
Slater works with other youth activists in a colorful celebration of Peace Day.
Woman Hero: Tiffany Shlain by Wendy Jewell
"We can ignite a lot more change together than we can apart."
Student Films
A selection of short films from the MY HERO Project.
2
George Lucas Global Educator Award
MY HERO Associate Media Director David Kelly presents a MY HERO Global Educator Award to George Lucas.
2011 Festival Schedule
Peter Jackson
Peter Jackson is a filmmaker who directed the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.