Activist

The Barefoot Lawyers of Uganda

Produced by: Producer: Claire Miller / Director: Nikki Hausherr | Documentary | 2016 |

(Hover over video and click CC to activate English subtitles)
This is the story of Winnie, a woman who stood up for herself and used her legal rights to overcome a multitude of hardships. Winnie has received assistance from Barefoot Law, an organization that is dedicated to providing Ugandans with access to justice. They work tirelessly to empower citizens with the law through free legal advice and services.

For more information visit barefootlaw.org/

This video was produced on location by an Actuality Media student crew and shot with Canon cameras.

<
>

7:48
What if...
This short documentary film shatters the preconceptions of homelessness, explores the ramifications of unstable housing for children, and provides a solution.
5:25
Never Too Old
"Karthyayani Amma of Cheppad village took up pen for the first time when she was 94 in 2017.
Conserving water
Siberian tiger video
Dogs
protect the gray wolf
animal rights matter
Animal Rights
What do you care about?
RBG [Trailer]
At the age of 84, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has developed a breathtaking legal legacy while becoming an unexpected pop culture icon.
2:53
My Life with Rosie [Trailer]
This documentary is focused on Rosie Parks' 40 years of community service in the city of Detroit.
Playas de Tijuana
An inspiring poem about the border fence that meets the sea, where names become prayers and where “the worst place to be is here and not there.”
T(he)y
Each day, different people experience and view the world through entirely different lenses, based on those identities. Often, we forget that this is the case.
3:46
Still I Rise
A visual and musical interpretation of American poet and civil rights activist Maya Angelou’s electrifying poem "Still I Rise."
3:28
mothers2mothers: Chancy
Mothers2mothers addresses the health needs of under-served communities in Africa by empowering "Mentor Mothers" to work in local communities and provide medical services that are sorely lacking.
4:57
Idle No More
Heather Archibald was a social activist and foster care child who passed away. Her strong words are honored in this film.
5:53
Educate Girls
In India, the majority of girls do not complete their primary education. Educate Girls is working to make education more accessible to girls by partnering with public schools, training local champions for girls’ education, and mobilizing communities to help girls achieve their full potential
4:28
The Last Straw
Nine-year-old Milo Cress is concerned about the millions of straws that pollute waterways, waste fossil-fuel resource and harm ocean creatures. With the help of some friends, he convinces restaurants to “go straw-free”. Milo then takes the fight all the way to Capitol Hill.
He Named Me Malala - Official Trailer
HE NAMED ME MALALA is a portrait of Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Malala Yousafzai.
Soundiata Keita